Is there a 3 month sleep regression??

My little man does NOT wanna sleep, even at night. He usually takes naps during the day, but nope!, not anymore. If he does nap its only for about 10 minutes. He used to go to bed at 11-11:30pm and not wake up till 6:30am, Now he's not going to sleep till 1am and wakes up at all hours of the night, not cause he's hungry, he just wants to be awake! I'll offer him the bottle but he'll refuse. So is there a 3 month sleep regression????

Mrs.Fleming

Asked by Mrs.Fleming at 1:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is your child?
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• 3 months
    Mrs.Fleming

Comment by Mrs.Fleming (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• They discover that it's more fun, more interesting to be awake, and they have more energy to stay awake so I think it's somewhat normal. Just keep things very dark, boring and quiet at night - resist the urge to turn on the tv or radio (unless it soft classical music). When he wakes after 10 mins, have you tried waiting a couple minutes to see if he will roll over and go back to sleep? Sometimes they fuss when they are moving from one stage of sleep to another.

Answer by missanc at 1:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• He is acting cranky or behaviorally unusual?
    Maybe he has gas that is preventing him from sleeping. I would buy some Mylicon (it's safe for frequent use with small babies) and give it to him at night. See if that night he sleeps any better and go from there.

Good luck! And don't forget to try to nap when he does!
    AutumnJade412

Answer by AutumnJade412 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• He used to have really bad colic, but now its gone (thank god! :). I dont think its gas that is bothering him, he's not fussy or fating at all, lol. He just gets a little cranky, then i walk over to him and he just smiles and starts cooing at me. I've tried not going over to the crib and just waiting to see if he'll fall asleep, but nope. The crankyness will turn into crazyness. Thanks for all the answers!!!
    Mrs.Fleming

Comment by Mrs.Fleming (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It could be that he's going through a growth spert. Possibly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I was thinking that too, but i thought they slept more during them.
    Mrs.Fleming

Comment by Mrs.Fleming (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2011