Nursing and IUD adult content

Have a 10 mo who nurses frequently, not exclusively. I have had the paragard IUD since she was about 3 months old and started getting a regular period when she was about 4 months old. I was supposed to get my period on January 25th, so far no show. Had cramping Jan 31st followed by brown discharge. Not enough for a panty liner to be used. And had a few specs of brown/pink discharge Feb 1st when I wiped once. I get some light cramping here and there, nothing how my period usually is. This IUD has been HELL when it comes to cramps. This morning I was so nauseated I couldn't even eat, let alone LOOK at food. Lunch went fine though. What are your thoughts? What could the odds be of nursing with and IUD and ending up pregnant???

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 1:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i dont think you're pregnant, the IUD does make you really irregular and does cause spotting. A lot of IUDs actually completely get rid of your period all together. a lot of birth controls cause nausea too, it should go away with time though as your hormones balance out. your best bet would be to talk to your doctor about your particular IUD and see if these are normal side effects for yours.
    bjaishot92

Answer by bjaishot92 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My IUD doesn't contain any hormones. Annnd we just moved to a new state and I am not yet on any insurance. My kids are covered but it's friggin daylight robbery how much money they want! Can't afford it for me and hubby just yet
    mommacierra

Comment by mommacierra (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2011