Are you an in-line conversationist???

Are you one of those people who chats it up in line at the grocery store with the person next to you???

Sometimes they can be annoying!!! I don't think I am friendly enough to strike up a conversation, or maybe it's the fact that I am more of an introvert!!!

TamikaJovan

Asked by TamikaJovan at 2:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes....but my mom is the worst at it. And when she finds something funny she has that really loud laugh that she only does to people she just meets or doesn't talk to much......It is kind of annoying.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If the line is busily moving forward then no. But if the line is tied up and it looks like a wait and everyone is just standing around, then sometimes I'll smile at the person next to me, and if they smile back, then a few words of casual conversation.

Answer by Bmat at 2:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No, I don't mind a comment or two but other than that it's kind of akward for me.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• sorry i am one of these people. I just like talking to people and being i am a single mom of two that really dont get out much. i dont over do it, if i see the person isnt interested in talking i dont keep talking. but i think i talk more to the people checking me out then anyone else.
    Teresa2266

Answer by Teresa2266 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Hehe. I'm with you. I'm too shy to strike up a conversation. If someone talks to me while waiting in line I don't mind. Makes the time go faster!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If I get a sense that the person in line with me is open to converstaion I talk or if they talk first I don't mind much either. I live 30 miles from town and when I do get out and about it is good to talk to others once in awhile but I don't talk to just anybody...I can usually tell who is willing to have a short conversation and those who have a wall up and aren't in the mood for chitter chatter
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have no problem striking up a conversation with people while I'm in line or in an elevator, I just like people and find it interesting to talk to them, but I never talk to someone who is obviously in a hurry, or who's frowning.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm friendly and live in a small town and people seem to talk to each other while in line. I enjoy it but I am careful not to say too much if they seem not to want to talk.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011