my toddler!!!

alright so my son is about to turn two on nov 29th.. the problem is he's a bully i babysit my neighbors 2 yrs old son and my son bullies him and pushes him when i tell him not too he says ok.. but it got bad today he pushed him and the other baby busted his lip open so i spanked him and sent him to his room. well he did that then he came out and started to scream and yell and what not.. i toldhim not to and sent him back to his room.. well to make a long story short.. he threw himself on the floor and started to cry and he has tantrums so i need help on how to stop them.. please!

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hes almost two good luck im dealing with the same thing my son hits well to be correct PUNCHES anyone and anything more so now when he gets angry..his cousin who is only 17 days older then him is petrified (sp) of him..we do the whole time out thing and after three times if he still does it then its a swat on the behind.sending to his room as punishment may backfire when you want him to play in his room he may think he did something wrong..just a thought....back to my answere 2yr olds are like Puppies (forgive the comparrison i in no way am saying that badly) you have to keep repeting yourself over and over and over again before the message is clear..so my best advice is to be patient this to shall pass...
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• well my son kicks and punches and yeah.. i dont know what to do no more.. we were doing the sending to the room and your right when we tell him to go play he thinks he's in trouble.. i just dont know what to do.. i feel like a bad mom.. i just dont know what to do.. he's driving me crazy.. its like he gets into everything.. and when you tell him stop, he'll look at you and do the puppy face and its like uhhg.. no your in trouble.. but uhhg.. i have two animals and he picks them up and throws them.. and its not pretty :( i've spanked him a couple times today but he doesnt get it.. i said.. i'm mad at you dont talk to me.. and he'll start to cuddle up next to me.. i dont know.. help me..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• well good luck to you if you find out how to stop them let me know!!!!
    my son turned 2 in september and the tantrums can get really bad!!!
    pretty much what we would do is lay him on the floor or sit him down and just let go (obviously dont let him fall and hurt himself) but we would still stay in the room with him and not do anythin unless he threw something or was being really bad then we bring him to his room untill he calms down. we also have a childs gate on the door to his room and our living room witch helps keep him where we want him. dont get me wrong he doesnt saty there all day like a cage lol but its helps most of the time
    good luck with the terrible twos hun
    brittyboop

Answer by brittyboop at 10:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i need a child gate!! i dont know but he's stressing me out.like i dont know..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• What I've done with mine is when they act like that, they're not allowed to play anymore. If they hit or kick or anything like that on purpose to hurt somone, I strap them into their booster chair and they have to sit there for a looooooong time....and the more they cry and scream, the longer they sit there. When they get down, they have to apologize. If they do it again, they don't get to play anymore for the rest of the day. I tell them if they can't be nice, if they want to hurt other people, then they don't deserve to play and have fun. I also have a sticker chart and if they go all day without breaking the rules...no hitting is a rule....then they get a sticker. When they get 3 stickers in a row they get their own game time on the computer. It's worked for me so far.
    justlikeheaven

Answer by justlikeheaven at 2:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• ps--I do the same kinda thing with tantrums...you throw a tantrum, you're out. Go in your room alone and stay there and I'll be in to talk to you when you calm down. That's also an automatic no sticker.
    justlikeheaven

Answer by justlikeheaven at 2:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• age stages,distract him with something he likes i had to with my son as he used to hit,push,kick and pick furniture up and throw it at me,be calm and give him and distract him with what he likes and stay with him 4 bout 5mins then walk away,this works
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 5:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2008