How Do You Know When Baby Drops?

... and what is there to expect after that? First timer here lol

LiveBreatheSing

Asked by LiveBreatheSing at 2:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• when my son dropped, i was laying down on my side reading, all of sudden, im talking mere seconds, it felt like i was trying to pee out a bowling ball without even trying. And when i got up (didnt know what the heck had happened) i felt so much weight that it felt weird to walk with my legs together..lol i looked like i was either a cowgirl or i had bowed legs haha.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• oh..and what to expect after that? Well..that depends on the person, you should be expecting to loose your mucus plug soon, if not bits and pieces already, they say when a baby drops (in the third trimester) you can expect for baby to arrive in one to two weeks, but obiviously thats not always true, depends on the woman, i dropped and then gave birth about a week and a half after that
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I knew cause I could eat more and breathe easier.
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 3:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i knew when none of my maternity clothes would stay up anymore. I was constantly pulling my pants up all the time. One day I had my hands full and i couldnt grab them while walking on my porch. Sure enought my pants dropped lol...I was in my last month so i refused to pay money to buy more.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• All of a sudden I could breathe, and it felt like I had a lot of pressure down below. I went like that for another 6wks though, so it depends on the person how long it will be for you to go in labor.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 3:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011