What is the youngest age that you would...

take an infant on an airplane? after the docs ok? after a certain # of weeks or months?

cait030507

Asked by cait030507 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• My sister did when she was around a week old. She was in the army and flew home for maternity leave.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 9:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I was a newborn when my mom took me to Spain on a military aircraft carrier..lol
    Fourcheeks4

Answer by Fourcheeks4 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• As long as the doc says it ok und you feel good with it. I know most docs say 6 weeks!!
    GermanMom23

Answer by GermanMom23 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My preemies been flying since 5 weeks.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Probably within a few weeks, if it was necessary. If not, I would try to wait a few months. Either way, I would wear the baby to keep them protected from germs and people trying to touch her.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I took Logan when he was around 7 weeks and he was a perfect angel the whole time. I had him in the sling though but he slept the whole flight. I know certain airlines have requirements about age but I flew Delta and the requirement was only that the baby had to be a few days old. lol
    Logankaismommy

Answer by Logankaismommy at 4:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2008