A women prison guard was strangled in washington i believe (not sure only heard part of story before class this morning)Do you think women should be guards in male prisons?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think its the womans choice..she knew what she was getting into when she applied for the job...saying that women cant be gaurds in male prisons is like saying women should be in the military...it is a truely sad story though ad heart goes out to her family
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 2:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I read that. It's so sad. I think if a woman wants to be guard in a male prison she should be able to. I realize it's a dangerous job, but I don't think any guard, male or female, should be working alone. This guard was killed when she was working by herself.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My friend Jaina is a CO in an all men's prison
    She kicks ass!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If she had not have been there it would have been a male guard that got strangled. And the prisoners at women's facilities are worse.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Male officers are in no less danger than a female officer. Most female CO's aren't to be reckoned with. This was probably pretty calculated. ANYONE male or female, can get caught off gaurd at any time!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Women Prisoners are just as strong and dangerous as Male prisoners. It's a dangerous job. I did it for 13 years. When you gain respect & experience then you are much safer. You learn to Never turn your back or let anyone into your space. When you are not alert & experienced bad things can happen. But you are in danger whenever you are out in a public place alone as a Woman. Where do you think prisoners go when they are let out??

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It wouldn't have matter if it was a man or a woman. I just believe all prison guards shouldn't work alone.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Actually, everything I've seen in the media (I live in Washington state) point to the fact that she was alone to being the factor, rather than her being female. She had complained to her supervisors that she didn't feel safe alone. I'm with her on that. I think it doesn't matter if you're a female guarding female prisoners a male guarding male prisoners or anyone guarding someone of the opposite sex--if you're all by yourself guarding prisoners, it must be somewhat scary.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 5:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Im not sure he was a rapist and had his pants around his ankles though she was not raped she did bite his fingers and scratched his hands
    peace013

Comment by peace013 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes my thoughts are with her family too its so sad I don't know if she had kids are not...I am not sure how it came about but they shouldn't male or female be alone with them ever.
    peace013

Comment by peace013 (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011