Since I cant rub it in her face....

I know that technically this is a sad situation but this woman has made me miserable for years and I admit that I do have a small amount of guilty pleasure. Which is why I am writing this because I would never admit to that to anyone in "real life".

I am talking about my half sister... we met in our late teens, she is 2 years older than me. She has always tried to put me down and make me feel bad about my life. We could of had a very sister like relationship and at first I really tried for that... since we are close in age and the things in our lives could have broguht us close but her selfishness has kept us from doing that. We both got married in the same year , my husband and I were perfectly happy with our small family wedding, but she made us feel like trash because we didnt have the huge expensive wedding that she did...our first babies were born 2 weeks apart, and our second babies were born 1 month apart.... but they never got to spend time together because her kids just had to go to the expensive daycares to get social skills ( when I offered to babysit for free so our kids could be close) , and then she would always brag about how amazing her kids were and when her son started walking 5 weeks before mine, she made me feel like something was wrong with my baby....and then when my kids started talking before hers she made it out like I was doing something wrong for babies to talk that early on ( yes she said that) ....

So this was a part of everyday life with her, and I finally gave up on a relationship with her and moved on...

But the part that I find that guilty pleasure in is that NOW I am the one helping her... that stuffy expesive house she bragged about she cant afford, those cars she talked about she cant afford ( she made fun of me so much for buying an afforable mini van and a cute small house) ... andmostly her kids are so out of hand that she NEEDS me to help her raise them... she NEEDS me to help give them some morals ( her 14 year old daughter was drinking and having sex.... and after 2 months of living with me she has quit that and is getting As and Bs in school) ....I would like to rub this in her face but I wont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• i feel u
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Wow, karma's a bee-yotch. I'm glad you could help her kids out though. It's nice that they have someone to turn too.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• lol...sounds like something i would want to do
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 2:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• This is just cruel . Do something nice and get over yourself.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 2:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• well you're a better person than most, because most would absolutely rub this in her face.....good for you for being a good person....I'm pretty sure I would handle it the same way, but I would likely also feel the same way too. Quiet satisfaction is just as good....and let's just hope she is learning from it all....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i think you are giving it too her now..
    Teresa2266

Answer by Teresa2266 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• oh boo hoo@ coffee yum
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Love you both.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm happy you could find it in your heart to help her after all the stuff she has put you through, there needs to be more ppl like this.
    God bless you and i hope everything works out in the end.
    manda28

Answer by manda28 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• cool
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011