How do you feel about Walmart?

New York Moms:

If you live in the city, you've probably seen the news on this. They even launched a Facebook wall. You can check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/walmartNYC

SabrinaBean

Asked by SabrinaBean at 2:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Walmart is good for diapers and wipes...they are affordable. I don't have a super walmart near me. Target's grocery section just got revamped and it looks pretty nice.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• honestly my local walmart supercenter is enjoyable. we dont have that issue of people going nuts and rude.... i dont get that. i would not want it in my backyard but i love having it there (one exit down the highway.)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i detest superstores to big and the lines r always too long
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 2:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I hate Walmart. I've never shopped there, and never will. From the beginning, they have been importing products from overseas, even though they used to claim to only carry American products. Now they pay their employees badly, and offer pathetic benefits (for the chosen few who are classified as "full time"). They carry inferior products, and have no regard for the environment (as demonstrated by sourcing goods from poor countries, and the way they develop their "mega stores.")
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• "they used to claim to only carry American products"

seriously? how can they claim that? SO many of their product are made in China or such places. It's almost impossible to find American products. And yes, agree with everything you said Scuba. I detest Walmart. Poor Sam Walton is probably rolling over and over in his grave!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• WM and companies of their ilk are the #1 reason our economy is in the tank- cheap products made by cheaper foreign labor is the carrot that was dangled in the face of the under (or un) employed American public. WM is 1 tweak shy of a monopoly- WM comes in and gobbles up many other industry in some towns. Clothing, food, housewares, pharmacy items, gardening, car care, fast foods, coffee.......I think they have been locked out of the Petroleum sales (best of my knowledge). I applaud those cities/voters who have voted a big, fat, NO on WM- They also under pay their American employees and give classes on how to augment earnings with government services.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Wal-Mart has NEVER claimed to carry only American made products. What they did was LABEL all their American made products at one point in their history.

And I'm not pro-Wal-Mart. I abhor our local Wal-Mart. Rude employees, dirty store, just a bad experience. I will go to our local Target instead.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Hate Walmart. Dirty (especially the bathrooms), aisles crammed full of crap so you can hardly fit a cart through, employee's who aren't knowledgable about the products for the department they work in, always out of the diaper or wipe I want, poor quality clothing, I could go on. I'm thankful that Target was across the highway from them so I didn't have to go out of my way to get what I needed. I do like Sam's Club though!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No thanks. I don't have much of an opinion about them. I don't like shopping there.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Hate wal mart.
    Watch the documentary for " the high cost of low prices"
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2011