I am twenty weeks pregnant, and I still haven't felt the baby move yet. When did everyone start to feel the baby move. This is my first pregnancy and I am overweight.

Zoeybug

Asked by Zoeybug at 9:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have some extra pounds and I felt her at 16/17 weeks and this is my first. I would feel her one day and then not feel her again for a few days. My doctor told me that it may take some women up to 24 weeks (big or small) before they feel the baby. A coworkers wife is due the same day as me with her second and she didnt feel the baby till this week (23/24 weeks along) because her placenta was in the front. Talk to your doctor about it at your next appointment, it could ease your mind.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• when you're overweight it takes longer to feel the baby. the smaller you are the earlier you'll feel him/her. it'll feel like a little flutter at first.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I felt mine at about 4 months, but I was small.
    Anonymous

• i felt my first move at 16 weeks and my second sooner, although i don't remember when exactly. i just knew what it felt like so i recognized it sooner. i'm pretty thin though and i've heard that overweight women take longer to feel anything.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 9:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It took me a while to realize that that's what I was feeling. I started to feel it pretty early, but it was always while I was in the car so I thought it was just the vibrations from my engine. I think I was about 18 weeks or so.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• im overweight to and felt mine move for the 1st time at 13 weeks but the dr said its because he is overly active
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• it took me until i was 23 weeks to feel her MOVE but i didnt feel flutters or anything.. it went from nothing to a kick.. and i was overweight
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2008