So why is the GOP

NOT FOCUSING ON JOBS NOW?

Republicans won dozens of elections last fall after claiming Democrats had focused too little on creating jobs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Their whole existence is to repeal the HCB, they don't care about jobs or the people.
    We'll wait a long time for the GOP to do anything of importance....
    Anonymous

• They already ensured that taxes wouldn't be raised (by letting the Bush taxs cuts expire) - that's more than the Dems did. This will at least help save jobs.

What exactly do you propose they do?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• OP, are you aware of all the bills, debates, and committees that are currently going on in the House and the Senate? Or are you simply relying on the news to feed you, your daily dose of "talking points"?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• dozens of elections last fall? Really?
    I thought Nationwide it was over 600. :)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

Please do share grly. What bills, debates and committees?? Obviously the OP wants to know where the jobs are and what the GOP is doing. Enlighten us and don't feed us news, share the bills etc.
    Anonymous

• Because changing the definition of RAPE is so much more fun....abortion, health care repeal....

no jobs...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

Proof that it wouldve COST jobs?

Its costing US BILLIONS....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Stopping Obama is good enough.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Its costing US BILLIONS....

It isn't costing us a damn thing. Gov needs to live WITHIN their means. If I make 20 bucks and hr I don't spend like I make 50 an hr because I think my employer should pay me that much. I live within the means of 20 an hr.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• As an employer it appears to me they are trying to improve the jobs outlook. It isn't the governments place to CREATE jobs. It is there place to create and maintain an environment where business can not only grow but thrive.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2011