baby dropping

ok i do feel a little silly asking this but i swear i forget things after pregnancy. anyway, i have been feeling a lot of pelvic pressure and it hurts to walk. i am 32 weeks today, and a little concerned. has the baby dropped, and if so, should i be worried that she is dropping too early? i did some research and it said that when the baby drops its only a matter of weeks before labor. I dont want to go that early bc i have had some complications with the pregnancy as it is and dont want anymore.

teastin14

Asked by teastin14 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't think you can pick when yuo want to go or not loL!~ I never dropped so I am no help but if you are having complications, you should check with your Dr to see what could be going on
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Well, my dd dropped at 33 and 1/2 weeks. I was induced at 42 weeks. My doctor did have me go in for an internal u/s to check on my cervix bc of where her head was positioned. But everything was fine. And my stubborn girl was "forced" out 2 weeks late. :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Baby #1: dropped 2 weeks prior
    Baby#2: a month before
    Baby#3: 2 months before
    Baby#4: a few days before.

Just because the baby has dropped does not mean you are going to go into labor in 24hrs.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 9:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It is very common for women on their 2nd + pregnancies to feel as if the baby has dropped. Muscles are not what they used to be and baby sits lower in the abdomen adding pressure to the cervix. I felt like baby could come out if I squatted too long that is how bad the pressure was with my 2nd baby. It alone is nothing to worry about and most 2nd time moms will feel this.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2011