What's a good computer for kids?

We want to get a computer for our 9 year old daughter. She likes to play games (and learning programs) online. We're thinking about a laptop so she can use it in her room and in the living room with us. We want one big enough for her to watch movies as well... so maybe a 12 inch screen? Does anyone know about a good kids computer? (not one like the Vtech BTW.)
Thanks! -Brandy

brandy0827

Asked by brandy0827 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Entertainment

• My 5 year old got a netbook for Christmas, an HP one. I did my research and it seemed like the best one for her because she only plays games and watches movies on it. My suggestion is do your research, check out prices and tech specs as well as reviews for laptops till you find one that's the best fit for her. There are pro's and con's for every brand it seems.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You really want your child to have a computer unsupervised in her bedroom?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My 5 yr old got one for Christmas, but she got one with a small screen. Its worked really well for her. She plays online games and things like that. My 10 yr old also uses it, and again very great for him. Just the right size. I think ours is a 10 inch screen.

Answer by gemgem at 3:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'm not sure how much you are looking to spend..we got Dell Laptops for our boys. they cost about 500 dollars each and they love them.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I fully intend on using extreme parental controls and net nanny (I think it's called). She also (so far) is not necessarily sure how to browse the net. I've also heard of some sort of internet for kids?
    brandy0827

Comment by brandy0827 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011