how many days after period are you fertile someone told me 5 days!!!!

i took the test five days after and on the six day ovulation test was positve but online states 9 days after i have a 30 day cycle

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• General rule of thumb is 14 days from the first day of your period. Everyone is different though, since not everyone has the same days in a cycle.

Answer by gemgem at 3:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• They say 12-14 days...BUT,every woman is different. I'm currently 6months pregnant from an "oopsie" done 9 days after my period started.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• There is no exact day....it can be different in different people, and it can actually be different in the same person from one month to the next. Some people even ovulate while on their period, although that's not the norm.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I thought it was up to 14 days. But what do I know. I've never taken an ovulation test before and I hear those things aren't very accurate.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• According to the doctor with my first pregnancy, it was actually 5 days after my period ended that he said was the conception date. Seemed awfully weird to me but what do I know. Typically, I can tell when I ovulate and it's usually 2 weeks out.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It varies from person to person, but typically ovulation occurs somewhere around 14 days AFTER the START of your period. That is of course if you have a 28 day cycle.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Its hard to tell. I also have heard different things too... 14 days from your1st day of your period sounds like most agree to that.. we're trying to get prego and its sooo stressful
    angelkcm2

Answer by angelkcm2 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Your fertile window usually starts 2-3 days before ovulation and is open til appx. 2 days after ovulation....so it's appx. a 5 day window. How many days after your period just depends on your cycle and how regular you are.
    Debi73

Answer by Debi73 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I am also trying to get pregnant. I am using an opk and am taking fertility blend for women ( purchased at GNC). I have a 30 day cycle and today ( morning) the opl said peak fertile. My last period started on June 19,2013 and it has now been 6 days when it says peak. Is that normal? Do I have a chance to get pregnant? We are of course going to try and keep our fingers crossed. Please pray for us and any suggestions and comments would be great. It has been over 10 months and I really want to have a baby naturally versus going to a specialist for assistance. Thanks
    ChristinaCGA

Answer by ChristinaCGA at 4:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2013