Why do I have a pain in lower back when i walk or bend over?

I sleep with a body pillow every night and every morning I wake up with an awful pain in my lower back. Its not like a throbbing pain, more like a catch or a crick- but I cant pop it and it is really uncomfortable!

Sept302008

Asked by Sept302008 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be any number of things. Like a sciatic nerve being pinched, a herniated disc or a pulled muscle. If a hot bath or shower doesnt help and Tylenol doesnt help I suggest you ask a Dr. who will know better.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• try sleeping with with a pillow under your knees and a rolled up towel under your neck. Even sleeping on your side you can do this. Just put a pillow behind and slightly under your back and one by your stomach. This gives you closed in feeling but it works for me.
    godservant

Answer by godservant at 10:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• yeah its prolly your syatic nerve and there realyy isn't a whole lot you can do. lay on your side the oppisite side of the pain and take a tylenol
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 12:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• If it is your sciatic nerve, you can go to a chiropractor. It was the only thing that would help me. Regular doctors were unable to diagnose or help me.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 1:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I was going to ask a similar quetsion. My back hurts so darn much all of the time. I am only about 9 wks. This didn't happen with the other 3.
    tsblessed

Answer by tsblessed at 2:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2008