Would you kick your kids out if they did not want to stay in school?

shelia310

Asked by shelia310 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, but they would have to pay rent.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No, because if they are under 18, you can't.

Answer by louise2 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No- high school, college?? If they don't go to school I will still expect them to be a productive member of the household.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• We have a rule here....if you're not attending school, you WILL have a job and pay a bit towards your keep.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 3:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No, but they would have to get a job and contribute.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• it depends on the age, my little sister chose to not follow the rules in my mom house so her dad kicked her out. she can back in three days. taught her to keep her mouth shut and respect her parents and to do what was asked of her.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If they are under 18 of course we can't. But once they turn 18, if they aren't in school they will have a job and pay us rent/help with utilities and food. Plus do things around the house. If they can't abide by this rule, they can find another place to live.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 3:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No. K-12 Education is very important, but I do not believe in abandoning a child because they dropped out. I believe in helping them either go back or get their GED to pursue a different path.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No, but I would take everything away from them that I provided that wasn't essential to survival. A mattress on the floor, a change of clothes, basic food (but no treats). Anything else they had to earn themselves.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 4:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't and legally couldn't if they were under 18. They would be expected to get a job and start helping out more arond the house.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 8:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011