should i get my daughter the synagis shot for RSV? She is 13 months old now

and appears in normal health she was however born at 36 weeks with 2 holes in her heart they have been corrected and all is well in that end anyhow she has never had a cold until this year at 1 years old she got bronchiolitis and had to be hospitalized for 2 days she needed steroids and nebulizer she then recovered and got sick a few weeks later after recieving the darn flu vaccine we ended up on nebulizer treatment. I read the side effects of synagis and it may cause and upper resp infection and fever i cant take this we all need a break what do i do/

babynurse1012

Asked by babynurse1012 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was 2 1/2 months early and received the synagis shot for 4 months and he was just fine. He is a year old( almost) and we will get the flu shot
    2kinder

Answer by 2kinder at 10:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Ask her doctor to see what he says.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 10:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2008