Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For California: Do you have to put the father on the birth certificate in order to get child support?

Baby's father wants nothing to do with us anymore. If I leave his name off the birth certificate and he doesn't sign a declaration of paternity, can I still get him for child support?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

Answers (2)
  • You will have to separately file for paternity which involves a DNA test from both him and the child.

    Answer by CraftingMama at 3:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

  • yeah, and in Cali now the father has to sign to be on the birth certificate at the he won't be on the BC if he doesn't sign.

    Answer by amberpatterson at 4:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.