Has anyone ever had an Amniocentesis?

how was the procedure and what was the result? I had one yesterday. This was my second one. I had one with my first daughter, it turn out fine but the procedure was a nightmare. This time, the procedure went smoothly, I am waiting for the result...........

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had one at 37 weeks to see if my son's lungs were mature so I could be induced. They were,so I was induced the next day

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• yes, i had one with my second child when i was around 22 weeks along. it was on my 22nd birthday, to be exact lol! they were testing for genetic disorders, because they thought they detected one on an ultrasound. i was nervous, infact i left the day of the ultrasound and said i didn't want it. but later i let everyone talk me into it and did it. it went smoothly too, just started to burn a little toward the end of the procedure. and the results came back negative :) good luck, i hope everything goes good for you & baby!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• by "i didnt want it" i meant the amnio. just clarifying.. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I had one too and the procedure wasn't that bad, it is only scary to see that big needle!

Answer by older at 3:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I had one at 22 weeks for down syndrome testing. It was scary to have the needle in me and to see it so close to my baby on the screen. But to know that my baby is healthy was totally worth the scare.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011