Update on my brother having HIV

Most of you advise me to call the health department. I did but they said unfortunately there is nothing they can do because of privacy issues. They did say I was doing a wonderful job informing all the women I know he's been with, to get tested. I can't believe there is nothing I can do about it. I just want to go murder him since he's passing this deadly disease around. He makes me sick. I don't even talk to him, I haven't in years he just pops up every once in a while. He will no longer be allowed around my children or me.
The women I did inform I don't think are taking me seriously. I was only able to tell 3 since they are the only 3 I know about. To bad I wouldn't be allowed to get a free pass at killing him, he doesn't deserve to be alive....

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Thanks for the update. Sometimes I really wonder what happens when someone posts a question. I hope your brother comes to his senses very soon, for the sake of everyone.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I must have missed your initial post... I can't understand why the women who you have told won't believe you! What idiots. What a scary and frustrating situation.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You should keep telling them and after if they do nothing its on them but you tried
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• that's so sad.. I didn't see your first post about this but I've heard of many people who have diseases,. even like herpes, just going around and giving it to as many people as they can just because they CAN...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I am HIV postive and I don't agree with what he is doing.
    I have been for 16 years now and I caught it through a man doing the same thing.
    All I can say is he will get caught.
    But as for being around you and your kids, maybe support is what he needs, not the isolation that might drive him towards a stranger for company!
    P.S.
    You can not catch it that easily! Your kids... & You.... will be fine around him as long as he takes his meds, sees his doctor, and keeps himself healthy.
    Anonymous

• Wow. So, did he get tested? Are you sure he IS positive? Even so, even if he THINKS he may be, he's still horrible. I don't blame you one bit for not wanting him around. To have that mindset, to not care about passing that on, that's horrible. That's not something that should be around your kids. It sounds like the type of females he beds are no better then he is. And that's sad, cause if he's positive, and they catch it, they will pass it on. Horrible, just horrible!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• ummmm, did u know it is a felony to knowingly pass hiv/aids to other people???? i would call the police and turn him in. he is a scum bag! thats nasty and he should be shot!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Believe me he will not come to his senses. He is a very selfish person and thinks it's funny to spread this around. I will post theo the link to the previous post.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/718583/My_brother_having_a_STD_and_not_telling_his_sex_partners

mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Oh anonymous I am sorry that you have it but that is not the only reason I don't want him around my children and myself and I do know how people get it.

mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2011