My dog has something in his eye. What to do?

He's a pug, 6 months old. Today it was really windy and he either got something blown in his eye, scratched it or both. He is barely opening that eye and I can't get him to the vet until tues.

Can I give him visine? I wiped the area with a wet wash cloth, but I don't see anything in his eye.

mwebb

Asked by mwebb at 9:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pets

• all you need to do untill tuesday is flush the area with water preferably the one you get at walmart i think its called nursery water. its made for babies so there is no chlorine and junk in it..use a seringe and lightly flush the area twice a day if needed til you get him to the vet....good luck hun
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• yeah flush it out he will be ok
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My husband says plain contact sultion will work, to rinse the eye out
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 9:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I would try flushing it out, but if it doesn't seem better is there an animal emergengy around? Or another vet? I would take my pet asap to whoever was available, no matter what it cost if it was serious. Especially for an eye...that can't be replaced! Good luck..
    stephanie.rose

Answer by stephanie.rose at 1:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Not sure where you live but call your local dog pound shelter and ask if there is one near by. Or your vet may have an answering service and they may know if you call them. Pet mart. petco or a local pet store may know also. When you find out that number put it on your refrig and keep it handy for future use. I have that # on my porch, doors ,kitchen and on my phone cell. Good luck, and I hope she gets better.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 2:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Flushing it out will be fine...

Wait....until tuesday he will live....keeep putting moist cool clothes on his eye....you dont want it warm as of yet...so no infection sits in.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• cloths my bad
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Ya kitten it might be jiz
    Kitten1488

Answer by Kitten1488 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2013