Do you think the mtv show teen mom is promoting teen pregnancy?

mommabear141

Asked by mommabear141 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, if people watched it. It shows all the struggles those teens go through be young and having a baby.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I thought that too. They seem to constantly be struggling but some people argue that it promotes pregnancy because the show has made the girls famous for becoming pregnant so young.
    mommabear141

Comment by mommabear141 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I don't like the show.. BUT it most def does not it shows the good and the bad. Some of the girls have great families that help and support them other girls not so much. It shows how hard it can be. I think the idea is to show the REAL side of teen pregnancy and not sugar coat it, or make it into a horror story, though sometimes it can be for some girls.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 4:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I don't think so all of those girls struggle in some way or another and it just shows other young girls that having a baby young is not easy
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think the young girls use the show to make themselves famous by trying to stay in the "spot light" my 9 year old cousin, watched it with me and she said WOW, I have no money guess I don't need a baby.
    mrsboomtastic

Answer by mrsboomtastic at 5:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I definitely don't think it promotes teen pregnancy. Like the pp's say it shows the struggles that they go through having babies so young. The emotional issues they face with the realization that party time is over and that the father isn't necessarily going to be around.
    logansmama

Answer by logansmama at 5:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It doesn't look glamorous at all to me. It looks like a trainwreck from start to finish. All I ever see is drama and heartache. The girls and their boyfriends don't stay together, the parents either aren't around or watch as their teens make mistake after mistake and in a couple of cases are verbally abused by their baby's father. It's depressing.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011