IUD fail?? adult content

Have a 10 mo who nurses frequently, not exclusively. I have had the paragard IUD since she was about 3 months old and started getting a regular period when she was about 4 months old. I was supposed to get my period on January 25th, so far no show. Had cramping Jan 31st followed by brown discharge. Not enough for a panty liner to be used. And had a few specs of brown/pink discharge Feb 1st when I wiped once. I get some light cramping here and there, nothing how my period usually is. This IUD has been HELL when it comes to cramps. This morning I was so nauseated I couldn't even eat, let alone LOOK at food. Lunch went fine though. What are your thoughts? What could the odds be of nursing with and IUD and ending up pregnant???

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 4:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Take a test and see.. No birth control is 100 percent :(
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I only had one period after getting a Mirena IUD (about 4 months ago). I have had some spotting, similar to what you described. However, I just found out a friend with an IUD is pregnant with twins. Take a test if you want to be certain.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 4:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have the paragard but the dr. told me it had slipped and it wouldn't be as effective. It's a good thing they caught it because i had no idea and i could have eneded up pg. I think it may have been cause by losing the 50 lbs I gained during my pregancy so my body was changing and caused it to shift. The same thing COULD have happened to you. .I am having in re-inserted next week during another procedure I am having.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 4:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It dose happen rare but happens. I have and IUD mirana, love it, its the only birth control I haven't gotten pregnant on. But I don't get my period haven't in 4yrs, some spotting usually when I have sex around that time. And yes cramps are killer. One night was worse than my labor pains, I almost went to hosp. lol But be safe take a test it can be very dangerouse even deadly for u if you go get pregnant with one.
    kadensmom04

Answer by kadensmom04 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011