How I can stop my 19 month boy from biting his peers at daycare?

I have tried averything possible and I do not have any problems whatsoever to discipline him because he is really a very well behaved kid. This is not like him at all and I am totally lost here as he won;t stop!!!!

gabrielarosse

Asked by gabrielarosse at 4:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know this can be a stressful situation for a parent and we have seen it before. It is really hard for you to address the situation because, you are not there with him. We find children bite out of frustration, usually. How we handle it is to assign someone to shadow the child for a few days. This way the child can be redirected if they get to that point where they might bite ,and directed to appropiate behavior. We find doing this teaches the child options in those times thay become frustrated. It takes time and patience but they usually catch on in a few days.
    lilachievers

Answer by lilachievers at 4:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011