My son and my husband are always arguing!!

I have been married for a little over a year and came into the relationship with a two year old who is now almost five. My husband is def. the dad that my son's real father never was!! However, i feel like they argue all of the time. I have tried to talk to both of them about this bc it reall stresses me out sometimes but it doesn't seem to do any good. I feel that my husband is very immature sometimes in the arguments and have told him so but it doesn't help that my son can be very smart mouthed. Any suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• my husband and daughter are the same way! It makes me feel helpless, and he is her real dad. they bicker constantly.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Wait a second, your husband is "arguing" with a 5 year old? I'm sorry to sound harsh but that is very immature of your husband to argue with a child. It sounds like he needs to learn to deal with him better and have some patience. I have a 7 year old and don't argue with him, I don't know how that is possible. I would say maybe your son is rebelling b/c your husband isn't his "real" parent, but he is too young for that and he has been around him since he was 2. I would suggest going over techniques for discipline with him
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Poster here:
    I know it is def. very immature and i have told him that a lot of the time he just makes it worse by arguing with him but it doesn't seem to faze him much. I don't think my son is rebelling bc he tries the same things with me as well i just don't argue with him. I tell him this is the way its going to be or i just ignore the comments he makes and stand my ground. hubby can't seem to do this. You nailed it when you said he needed more patience though. any advice to make that happen :) hes hard to talk to sometimes about things like that
    Anonymous

• Well I would just try to get him to understand that its' not going to get any better as he gets older if he doesn't try a new method of handling things. Your son is going to continue to lose respect for him and not listen as long as he allows it. Your son does it because it pushes his buttons and he gets a reaction. If he can't resist not saying anything to him or arguing then he needs to put your son in his room and shut the door until he is over his little "mood" or he needs to remove himself from the room.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2008