Should I get bunkbeds for my kids at age 5 and 2.5?

Their room is very small. We have an extra room that is slightly bigger but we need it to keep some stuff that we will need when we move to our next house. Besides, if I move them to the back bedroom I could never hear them if they needed me. Our house isn't very big but you can't hear ANYTHING from the front of the house to the back. The only other option would be trying to keep them in their crib and toddler bed until they are 6 & 3 (about the time we plan on moving).

spamica

Asked by spamica at 4:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would look up how many broken bones and falls happen.. see if you think your kids can handle it. I know for me and my VERY active son it would take one time of me out doing laundry in the back of the house for him to try to summersault off the top..
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 4:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• try trundle beds.

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'd go with a bunk bed. My DD and DS share. When she is 5 and he is 1.5, we are getting them a bunk bed. There is no way a twin bed and toddler bed will fit. It's tight with a crib and a toddler bed now. We're lucky DD is tiny and still fits her toddler bed. At age 5, she deserves a bigger bed, so bunk beds it is.

Who knows when we'll move and get them their own rooms. That depends on the housing market.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Trundles seems to be a safer options, I think they are too small for the high bunk beds

Answer by older at 5:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I agree with bugzmomma.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 8:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• yes i did they licked it.
    dee6438

Answer by dee6438 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2011