Doc is letting me pump before the baby is born but only at "full term" (37 weeks) my FB was born around this time so they are not worried about this one coming early. Does anyone have an idea on how long to pump or how many times a day?

CEGrissim

Asked by CEGrissim at 4:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was going to say this to your post yesterday but you closed it before I had a chance.

I have had 3 c-sect and BF all of them. I can't say if they were more sleepy because of the pain meds or not but there are ways that you can wake them up to keep them eating. Taking their clothes off, rubbing them, Changing their position often etc.

I think some of the responses you are getting is because of docs saying you shouldn't pump before birth because of it carries the chance of putting you into labor. I was one of those people who start leaking at 20w and my doc said to even make sure that DH left them alone because of the risk.

There are women who nurse while pregnant though so I guess it doesn't always happen. I get that you want to BF and your worried about not being able to because of what happened with your first but really your doc that is saying to pump to bring your milk in would be the best to answer you.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• This doesn't make sense to me.Why would you pump before the baby comes? Your milk wont even come in until AFTER it's born so this is pointless.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Why would you do that? I wouldn't. The colostrum only comes out in the beginning.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Your Facebook was born at 37 weeks?
    Kristen5476

Answer by Kristen5476 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• first born Kris not face book LMBO
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 4:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You really want to do this again LOL.. we went through this yesterday.. Talk to your OB or the consultant for the specifics... This is going down the same road as it did yesterday, sadly...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• From what i remember my colostrum was there when my baby first nursed.... your MILK may not come in until 3-7 days after the baby is born
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 4:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• ill answer ur question! pump every 2-3 hours for 10-15min at a time! but ur milk wont come in until AFTER the baby is born so all ur going to do is hurt ur nipples!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• you might want to save your first batch which is the colostrum. colostrum is what helps the baby have a good immune system.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 4:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• is this to naturally induce? don't do it. baby will come when it's good and ready
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 4:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011