what do I do with a 6 yr old that needs to always be at the center of attention at home and at school

my 6 yr old is the youngest of my 4 kids...
He is always talking and wanting to talk when he shouldn't. Nothing works, for me or the teacher..he is always clowning around and he DOES hear well and understands, he just forgets when he should or should not be talking.
What can be done to keep him settled down at school and at home

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 6 year old is a chatter box too!!!
    I have already raised 5 kids so I know this to shall pass..this time around I enjoy the constant talking!!!
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• You might do some role playing with him to show him how not to interrupt. Enlist your other children to do the role play with you and make it fun. Make sure he is getting enough one on one time with you and your SO too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• At school I would talk to the teacher about putting something on his desk. Something that she can just walk by and touch if he is acting up. You can have a meeting with the teacher and your son and let him know, if the teacher walks by and touches this you need to focus again. At home could it be a thing that he is the youngest and is just wanting attention. I know that with my youngest she always feels that no one listens to her because her brother will interupt her when she is talking or they will listen for a minute and then move on to something else.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• wow! i feel your pain! my 5 yr old is out of control! he talks and talks and won't stop. hes also always just off the wall! he is fine in school though, but he is only there for 2 hours. but i would love to know how to calm him down to. we've done everything just short of benadril or chloriform!!! lol. i hope u figure it out, gl!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011