Why does miscarriage hurt so much?

I miscarried in Nov '10 and still hurting. IDK why since I was only 6 wks. I dont want to seem mellow dramatic, but I just want the pain to go away.

Penguin88

Asked by Penguin88 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I can speak from experience because i also had a miscarriage in Nov' 10, yes i completely understand where you're coming from. I still cry specially when i see babies, but we cannot lose hope my dear i know it's not easy. After the storm the sun always shine so you gotta stay strong and have hope, God never gives us too much we can't bear, in no time you'll be holding your bundle of joy God bless you and baby dust to you.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Are you talking about physical or emotional?

Physically I would go see a doctor if you are still in pain. Emotionally, it really never does go away but the pain does fade with time.
    Sorry for your loss, I hope you start feeling better.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think you envisioned a whole happy future that was lost when you miscarried. It's normal for it to hurt a lot, but if it's really interfering with your ability to live your life, you should get some counseling.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• did you see a grief counselor regarding your loss? you're entilted to hurt as long as you need to. losing a baby is one of the hardest things on this earth, even if you were only 6 weeks. i think talking this out with someone, especially a professional, will help you deal with the pain. i cant imagine. im sorry *HUGS*
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think as moms, as soon as we know, that there's a little one growing inside us, we immediately feel that bond. We get excited, start planning, picking out names.... And then in a flash, it's gone. You lost a child. No matter how far along you were. You will always ache for your heavenly baby. But, in time, the pain will fade. :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Emotionally only
    Penguin88

Comment by Penguin88 (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Hopefully it will soon. God is a much better parent than I could ever be anyway. So I know the precious is well taken care of. Thank you all for support.
    Penguin88

Comment by Penguin88 (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• U HAVE TO BE HURTING BOTH PHYSICALY AND EMOTIONALY. I KNOW I DEFF. WAS AFTER I HAD MINE. PERSONALLY I WOULD GO BACK TO THE DOC AN EXPLAIN THE PAIN UR HAVING. HOWEVER I WILL KEEP U AN UR FAMILY IN THOUGHTS AN PRAYERS AND GOOD LUCK!
    heiditr

Answer by heiditr at 5:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011