Why won't parents understand?

I feel like chop liver! I feel as though my mother will support my sister, brother, step-sons over me. She says these about me.... when she does try to give me suport about something that bothers me she says I always argue with her about everything, no matter what she says isn't the right things to say , or things she tells me aren't good enough. I only tell her my honest of opinons of her responses is all. i thought that's how you communicate with humans? lol She refuses to talk to my sister to even try to talk common sense into her. I tried very a very long time to reach out to my sister and BIL. She/her husband ignores my e-mails to them, gives me childish silent treatments, and basically completely shuts me out. They can't handle my behaviors because of my anxiety disorder. They are in disbelieve about everything I explained to them about my condition. I'm not tolerating anyone to treat me nor my family like dirt. I'm to the point of considering myself not their relative. She don't keep in touch so she don't need to contact me anymore nor when their baby is born in the summer. I don't know what else to do.

diamondsarecool

Asked by diamondsarecool at 4:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• It hurts so much when your family does not care about you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• All you can do is offer the olive branch now they have to take it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• mom says ahe loves all her own kids and grandkids the same. But she won't try to help me smooth things out with my sister, how is that support?
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• You're grown, you and your sister have a problem to solve, not you your sister and mother.
    mrsboomtastic

Answer by mrsboomtastic at 5:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• mrsboomtastic... how can i do that on my own because of the way my sister is ignoring me etc.?
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• U KNOW I DONT HAVE A RELATIONSHIP W/ MY MOM CAUSE SHE WAS THE SAME WAY TO ME WITH MY SISITER/ BROTHER. I EVENTUALY GOT TIRED OF IT AND DECIDED IT WAS ENOUGH AN MOVED ON ! YEAH ITS TOUGH BUT NOW I AM NOT AS STRESSED AN WORRIED BOUT FAMILY FUNCTIONS, CAUSE THEY HAVE NUTTN TO DISCUSS NOW THEY DONT KNOW MUCH BOUT MY LIFE . I MEAN WE SEEM TO GET ALONG MUCH BETTER NOW THAT I DONT COMMUNICATE W/ THEM EXCEPT FOR FAMILY FUNCTIONS! AN IM SORRY TO SAY THEY ARE ACTUALY SUPRISED TO SEE HOW WELL I AM DOING W/O THEM IN MY LIFE, SO I HAVE HEARD THRU THE GRAPE VINE! AN THE REASON FOR THAT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THERE TO BRING ME DOWN. SO I WAS U I WOULDNT WORRY TO MUCH AN MOVE ON, AN MAYBE THEY WILL COME AROUND WHEN THEY NOTICE UR NOT WASTING UR TIME ANY MORE.. GOOD LUCK AN HOPE FOR THE BEST..
    heiditr

Answer by heiditr at 5:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• my husband says i shouldn't talk to sister or bil and not acknowledge them . i just need to practice listening to him. lol
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Try going over to her home and apologize even if she was wrong You both need to suck up your pride and remember you are sisters, sisters have thier moments but you both need to show each other how much you love each other. Arguments happen but you need your sister no matter what. And yes your mom loves you the same she cant get involved between the two of you. .i have three sisters and there are always words my mom stays out of it mostly.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• She lives 2 1/2 hours away from me. I can't drive my car until I'm able to get it fixed. I'll be a couple of weeks. I don't have long distance to call her. Why bother? she ignores my e-mails, doesn't IM me, doesn't reply back to e-mails, she totally shuts me out . I have tried to reach out to her for a long time. before I tried to work things out with her. she told me she wanted to be left alone. She is upset partly because my husband doesn't welcome her husband to our home. I'm upset because she/her husband won't believe my behaoir ties in with my general anxiety disorder. I only get accused or blamed. There is no getting through to them. I doubt she would allow me in her home. My husband doesn't care that they don't welcome him to their home. my husband despises her husband.
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2011