does anyone else feel rushed when ordering Chinese food over the phone?

LOL. i have that feeling everytime i order, even when ordering from different places. and sometimes i feel like it's so rude, the one i just ordered from was like "yea, what do you want?" and i know its just very poor language skills so i dont get upset. but in my mind im like "well damn!" lol! and then when im ordering theyre like "mm hmm. mm hmm" so quickly. its like how do they do it so fast!? anyone else feel that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• No, I think its just their way or the way the ones I have spoken to are. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• See if they have a website you can order by instead of the phone (like Papa John's and Pizza Hut do)

Answer by admckenzie at 5:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No. I just think it's because they talk very fast.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• you just have to know what you want to order and until they get the order wrong...no problem
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It's because that is how they speak in their country. I have no problems with it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I did the first couple of times I ordered, but now I'm just used to it. I have started repeating, "And one quart of WHIIIIIITE rice," like three times, though, because they gave us fried rice a couple of times (I hate fried rice).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Not a problem here
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Even ordering in person they do that!!!!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 10:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• It doesn't seem to phase me 'cos I will take my time, ask questions and give them special orders and have them repeat it back. I'm a real pain in the butt.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 11:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2011