is this normal?

is it normal for my 2 year old to look so pale today? she's been sick with some kind of virus and/or allergy (doctor's not sure) that aggravated her asthma symptoms. she's been on the nebulizer every 3-4 hours even overnight. when i took her in to the doctor this morning she gave her 2 treatments back to back! the wheezing/retracting has almost stopped altogether (although between treatments she still wheezes hard) but she looks so pale! she's eating/drinking okay considering she's not feeling well. her fever has not returned since it went away this morning. her pulse ox was great at the doctor, but her heartrate was very high (about 160). now though it has stopped pattering so quickly. is it possible all these treatments are what's draining the color from her face? her eyes don't look right either, larger than normal, with black circles underneath and sunk in (we had a rough night, though)

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Kids' Health

• If you feel that she isn't looking right I would consider taking her to the ER. I mean if she sick she might just look ple because of this, if she is eating and drinking then you could wait.

I think it is really up to you and your thoughts on how she is doing.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• thanks! you answered my worried question last night, too :) i ended up keeping her home last night, sleeping with her and giving her treatments every 3 hours in her sleep. it helped her sleep/breathe better, but i took her in to the doctor first thing. she was pretty concerned about her, but gave me a laundry list of medications to give her and said if she gets worse to take her to the ER. her symptoms as far as wheezing/retracting haven't gotten worse, but the paleness wasn't there this morning.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• She sounds dehydrated. Do you give her a kiwi every day? And lots of water?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Give her liquids, good and iron.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:42 PM on May. 31, 2011