The name Ryden? or Raiden?

My brother is naming his son this when he is born and every one hates the name. I don't know what spelling he is using though but I like Ryden. It's cute and uncommon.
What do you think?

EDIT

Just found out it will be Raiden

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Baby Names

• Honestly, I don't care for it. It sounds made up. Plus, all those "-aiden" and "-ayden" ending names are soooo wildly overused that they truly bug me. Sorry, no offense to anyone.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I agree with poptart0325. Raiden makes me think of Raid or Radon gas and Ryden sounds like someone tried to change Ryder just a bit to make it different. No offense meant. If they like the name and go with it, at least the kid won't have anyone in his class with the same name.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Not a fan..first thing I thought of was bug spray. But it isn't my kid so whatever floats their boat.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Raidon is the name of my friends dog. Ryden is alright though.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• what?? ok never heared these names, made up?
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• ok ryden is cute but i personally think raiden is AWESOME. i'm sure alot of people hate it cuz it's weird but when i read it the first thing that came to kimd is the mortal kombat theme song lol.... i love it! and it's an old game so people wont connect the 2
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 5:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I like it... My son's name is teondre and it was a name we made up bu t I love it!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I don't really like either name. Raiden makes me think of Raid, the bug spray and Ryden just sounds like someone tried to do something different than Ryder.

I love the name Ryder though.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I don't think Raiden is too bad. Its like Brayden with out the "B" LOL I wouldn't choose it but it's an ok name.
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 8:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Raiden is not a name I would choose, but it is his choice.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011