anyone gone through chemo and radiation? how did it affect you. Reply to my cafemom Email please

My girlfriend just had a masctectomy. She has one lymph node that came back positive for cancer and will need radiation and chemo. I have been helping her out since Surgery last Friday. She did extremely well with that but we both fear how chemo and radiation is going to make her feel. Lose her hair? Feel weak? Doctors don't give you much information. They act like we should both know already. She starts chemo in three weeks. Since this is the first time I have used this section can anyone answer in my Cafe Mom email box MSugarKane is my home page.

MSugarKane

Asked by MSugarKane at 9:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Health

• I sent you an email.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Hey Sweetie... I'm so sorry for your friend... Dec 5th my Mom is having a mascetomy too.... I'm scared to death for her..... not sure what the chemo will do. She will be in my thoughts & prayers!!!1
    TwinsMom1299

Answer by TwinsMom1299 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I'll email you too.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 4:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I now someone tha went throw chema but it is a he. He wrote what he whet throw with it . would you like me to ask him to email me his writings and then send them to you? I know it will not be the same but all the info you can get my help. Let me know. Cloverlady2008
    cloverlady2008

Answer by cloverlady2008 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes I did! 2010, Was the Worst year of my Life!! I had 3 Brutal, most aggressive Chemos for 4 months. I just finished Radiation on 11/17/2010. But I was Triple Negative.PM me and I'll share all you need.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2011