Is this pain normal? adult content

Pain in my lower right side of my back. I dunno it just hurts so bad. Maybe cause I am not drinking enough?

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 5:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like pressure on your kidneys and yes it's normal. However call your Dr to be sure. GL
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I get a lot of back and abdominal pains too and my doctor told me it was normal, you should drink more water though and take it easy, maybe take a Tylenol too and hopefully it will go away, if it doesn't talk to your doctor.
    bjaishot92

Answer by bjaishot92 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• call your doctor just to make sure
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 6:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If the pain is bad and constant then it could be your kidneys. One way to tell is pay attention to your urine. Is it dark, does it smell strong, and do you not have that many bathroom breaks. When I was 7 months pregnant with my 1st I didn't have a clue I had a UTI (I had all the signs I listed I just did read them). I went to the bathroom at work and found blood. I called my dr and went in ASAP. He sent me to a hospital with a NICU just in case. They did a caf urine (not fun btw) and a u/s. My u/s was good by I tested positive for a UTI. They put me in the hospital overnight and after 3 hrs my back started hurting horribly!! When dr came to release me he found I had a kidney infection and sent me down for u/s on the kidneys (not fun btw) and 2 more days in the hospital.
    Ask dr if pain persists.
    Drink plenty of water and if you are bad like me keep a bottle next to the bed and make sure you potty often. Good luck!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• i was going to say go to the doctor - sounds like a kidney infection... if you wait too long you will just have to run to the ER and that is a waste of money because you only need antibiotics... otherwise your kidney just hurts ... drink lots of water and clear liquid and no tylenol if your kidneys hurt - that is terrible for them!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2011