Puberty?

My 12 year old daughter is eaisly influenced so one day she'll act like something,and then the next day shell act like someone else.But lately Ive notcied that she has been acting the same for a while.I dont know much about it becuase I know she acts differentally in front of me than in front of her friends.But what I do know is that she curses,shes gotten into a more party mode,and her clothing style has changed.Will this personality change again becuase of pubery and her trying to figure out who she was meant to be,or do you think this will stick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• She is trying to figure out the woman she is becoming. Keep her active and don't allow cursing

Answer by rkoloms at 5:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Unless you steer her in a different direction, you may find yourself picking her up from the police department (just MO). She's 12 she shouldn't be out "partying" or having a potty mouth. I think that if you don't step in and let her know that her behavior is not acceptable for any reason, whether she's trying to find herself or not, you may find that in three years she'll be worse. Good Luck to you.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Invite the friends over to hang out. You'll overhear how they talk to each other, how they behave, see how they dress.

Try to maintain your positive relationship with DD, and not let the friends make her decisions for her.

I'm sure she will change again as she grows, she is trying on different personalities. Give her freedom of style, as long as you agree her clothing is acceptable.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 9:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• my daughter already had her period. her body looks very mature for her age. her boobs etc. are bigger than mine.i'm 41. I'm jealous i was a late bloomer.. :vO
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 6:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2011