What was the worst thing you ever got as a gift? Did you regift the unwanted item?

robinkane

Asked by robinkane at 5:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Colored pencils! When i was an adult!
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 2:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• when I was a teenager one christmas I got a thesaures ( i know its spelled wrong) It was nice and heavy I really thought I had something lol
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 6:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• stick out tongue minia bag of stinky outdated 1980's clothes from a thrift store.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• some chocolate fruit cake no we gave it to the homeless shelter shame on us!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I got a beautiful clock that I squealed over until I got it home and it ticked tocked too loud! LOL It took all I had not to throw it out the window! And yes, I did re-gift! LOL
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 6:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• A gold metallic sweater from my Grandma. SCARY!
    I don't regift,I donate the crap

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I've re gifted gifts from students. It's not because they were horrid gifts, it is because it's stuff I DIDN'T NEED and would NEVER USE. I got a pack of hand lotions once, so I re gifted it to my DDs DCP, and added a gift card to it. The following year I got a Starbucks coffee mug. I don't ever drink coffee, and don't use mugs, so I re gifted that to a relative, and added a Starbucks GC inside. My students never knew, and I showed great appreciation when opening the gift.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• My mother has always given me the ugliest goodwill clothing for gifts. Seriously, she buys me stuff she would want to wear back in the late 70's. It's like she's never met me in her life.
    I love Goodwill and shop there all the time. Just saying she buys me the worst stuff they have sometimes. Usually she doesn't buy me anything ever, even for holidays and birthdays, which is a good thing.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Silver Candelabras from my MIL for our wedding. They're hideous. What could I do they were a wedding present! From my MIL! I put up with them on top of my china cabinet (a beautiful piece that my MIL also bought us) until we remodeled, then they never came back into the house. I donated them to Goodwill.

I can always tell when I've been regifted. I find it really insulting and I wont do it. But, what I will do is say "so and so gave me this. I don't care for it but I thought you might like it." Then the person can say yes or no and also get something that i've chosen for then on those occasions that warrant a gift.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• my mom got me a brass coatrack when I was in high school, I was supposed to take the hint I guess, but it never worked.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 6:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011