have you bought Gift Cards from Restaurant.com?

Is it legit? sounds to good to be true when I see a $25 Gift card listed for $5. Anyone had any problems trying to redeem at your local restaurant?

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 5:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• No good restaurants for my area.
    Anonymous

• They are legit!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• They are legit, but, you have to read the fine print. There are usually very strict rules about how long you have to use them, what is or isn't included, and how much money total you have to spend to be allowed to use them. If you have places in your area that take them, it is a good deal, provided you'd be spending at least as much as they require to begin with. (i.e. if you go to a seafood place and normally spend $50+, and the coupon says spend minimum $40 - get it. If it's the local pancake place, you never spend more than $20, make sure they don't require you to spend $25).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• We have used them several times. It is a good deal. But like the PP said read the fine print carefully. They have great sales too...like a $25 certificate for $2.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• That sounds awesome
    mommy161617

Answer by mommy161617 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• No
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes. They are legit. I've used them before. Make sure you read them though as sometimes they are only good for week days ( I guest because some of the more popular eateries can get crowded and they would rather have a full pay (no coupon) customer.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 9:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes. All I'll say is read the fine print. Most of the time, the $25 gift cards have to be used on a $50 pr more tab, not including tip or drinks and the 18% gratuity is automatically added to your tab. I also had issues with one restaurant waiting until after we ordered to tell me they did not participate in Restaurant.com anymore even though I had the certificate out on the table in plain view in big print. Then they told me after I paid that because I'd been such a good customer, they'd honor it "next time". I doubted that... since there was nothing to stop then from saying they didn't participate anymore next time either.

When I contacted Restaurant.com to get a refund of the gift card because the restaurant no longer participated (something they promised in their own terms and conditions) , they never responded to my inquiries.

In this case, "caveat emptor" - the buyer truly has to beware.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• NOPE
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2011