Can someone fake a pregnancy test?

Please, I need help as soon as possible. My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend is trying to tell us that she's pregnant. She is legitimately crazy and I don't know if she is telling the truth or if she is just using this to try and get him back. She sent us a picture of two negative pregnancy tests, then one positive one. I have been doing some reading and I read that if the test is left to soak, to could eventually show a positive result. I suspect this, but I need information from women who know. Please help us. We are both scared and not ready for something as big as this...

Loki333

Asked by Loki333 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes it is, my room mate actually did his science fair project on this. there are multiple ways to make a pregnancy test test positive when your not pregnant. one is your hormones its self can betray you. if you think to yourself that you're pregnant long enough your body will actually produce a false pregnancy complete with no periods and hormones to make your body prepare for a baby that only exists in your head. there is also many things around the house you can put on a pregnancy test to make it test positive like good old mountain dew soda. the only way to know for sure if she's pregnant is an ultrasound.
    bjaishot92

Answer by bjaishot92 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It would be way easy to get a pic of a positive test off the internet.

I would want to see b/w test from doc with her name on it, if it was me.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Noooo, you can't change the test resutls, but you can have another person take the test !
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I dont think its possible to fake a test! But on the other hand I dont see how she had two negatives and then a postive. Who knows maybe she is. Yall will find out soon enough
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• anyone can copy a picture from anywhere. i would want her to take one in front of me..or to go to the doctor and take one while i was with her
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Nope you cant fake one. She could have taken two and been so early it didnt show and then tried one that did pick up on the hormones. His best bet is to arrange to meet her at the doctor or health dept if he thinks she is crazy and have her take a test there. That way he hears it from a professional she is in fact pregnant and was there when she took the test.

Answer by gemgem at 6:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2011