my 4yr old has trouble urinating

3 weeks ago my 4 year old daughter came down with what appeared to be the stomache bug, she had a fever of 103 then it would go down to 99 after given triaminic. Only gave triaminic when her fever would hit 103 which was once a day for 5 days. She developed a bad cough after that, brought her in to the Dr he gave prescript for antibiotic and cough med w/codine, only gave cough med once a day. A few days after all that she had trouble urinating. I immediately thought it was a urinary track infection and brought her to Dr next day, I brought urine sample which I was told to refridgerate because it was the next day. No infection in the urine. I am baffled because it is day 10 of having trouble urinating. When she has the urgency to go potty, she will only do a small amount. She says there is no pain. I am baffled! I also don't have the type of insurance that covers visits, only hospital stays. I have been sick with a bad cold all this week. She goes to preschool 2 days a week, Tue & Thur, I am going to make an appt for Fri maybe an exray might help?
Has anyone had anything like this happen with their child? I am really worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Health

• www.familydoctor.org › ... › Health Tools › Search by Symptom -
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• it can be a number of things so try the link above... also get her drinking more water flavored if needed
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Thank you, I am going to take her back to the Dr and get another urine analysis. It is so frustrating when there are so many illnesses out there with the same symptoms, and her first urine test came up no bacteria?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2011