*edit*WHAT DID THIS WOMAN GET US INTO!!!! Should I call cops?? *edit* IN RED

So my mother in law just called me just now, all she would say is "don't answer the door if someone comes knocking.” I asked her over and over why, and she would not tell me, so I told her that this is my home, I need to know why I can't answer the door. She said that somebody came up to her at a restaurant threatening her, and they said that they were going to go over to her son's house (my husband), if they don't do what she says. I immediately got off the phone and called my husband. He came flying home, and brought his cousin to stay with us until he gets off work. Now I am like super worried because I don't know who is threatening us, and not sure if the cops should be called being that we don't know who the people are, she is scared to tell us who they are. Obviously my MIL took the threat seriously enough to call and tell me not to answer the door. My husband is now super pissed with her and told her she is no longer allowed over at our house. Did he take it too far?? What should we do? I have never been in this situation before, and she would not tell us who the people are.

NOW MY HUSBAND IS HOME WALKING AROUND WITH THIS DAMN GUN. AND NO HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS OR COULD BE. WE DID NOT KNOW SHE WAS IN ANY TYPE OF BIND. THIS IS ALL NEW TO US.

she herself refuse to call the cops. she is not picking up her phone and it not at home..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Call the cops

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If someone comes to the door, tell them through the door to get off the property, then call the police. Something fishy is up with MIL. Not suree what but it smells illegal to me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• you know your MIL...what kind of background does she have? drugs, would she owe anyone money, etc??? we have no clue
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Well maybe she was threatened herself. Atleast she told you. I would call the police and let them investigate. Maybe if they go to your MILs house and start asking questions she will tell whatever she knows.

Answer by gemgem at 6:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I'd call the police, not 911, and just inform them of the situation and no need to send anyone out. That's what I did in a similar situation a few months ago. At least they're aware if legal action ends up needing to be taken. I don't think your husband took it too far, he's being protective and giving his mother a consequence per say. I would ask him to talk to her face to face to at least get the name. Good luck!
    Penguin88

Answer by Penguin88 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• call the police.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Call the cops now, to avoid or minimize problems she may cause you.
    Her refusing to tell you what's happened and who these people are, is really scary.
    I'm sorry to say I wouldn't trust her if I were you.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• shay1130: My MIL left NY 25 years ago for owing people money. She moved a lot, so not sure. She does not want to call the cops or have them come over...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Who does she know that would threaten her and your families life?  I would keep the phone handy.  I do not think the cops will or can do anything tell something happens.

Answer by louise2 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I would call the police and ask them what to do

Answer by admckenzie at 6:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011