Would it be possible to have another baby ...(complications)

Ok so when i had my baby boy kyler i was induced everything went fine up until labor it took forever i almost had to get a C-section and finally i pushed him out he was pretty stressed, my doctor said because i had a narrow pelvis??? Would it be the same way next time i want to have a baby (in about 4-5 years) Has anyone else heard that? And would i have to get induced early before the next baby get to big? BTW: Kyler was 7lbs 8oz 20 in

numbi

Asked by numbi at 9:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Very common. Now that you have had a child vaginally there is a very good chance your hips have spread to some degree. Also, once they have been flexed during birth it usually makes having the next child a little easier. Otherwise, you will end up with a C Section.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My mom has a very narrow pelvis and when my sister was born they had to use forceps to deliver her (40 years ago today). She was brain dead for 4 mins and had cerebral palsy died at age 26. (partly doctor fault, he got cocky and saw that she was in distress before she was born and would not do a C-Section, Its a long story) so new doctor didnt risk it and my brother and I were both C-Sections.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I believe that your body will own grow a baby as big as your body can handle.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 10:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• There is a risk of needing a c-section with any pregnancy, though the fact that you were able to have your first vaginally works greatly in your favor! At my first exam, my doctor told me that I'd be able to have a 7 1/2 baby, but that my tailbone might not allow me to deliver a bigger one vaginally. At my 40-week appointment, my doctor said that my baby was about 7 1/2 to 8 pounds and secheduled an induction for about a week later. Instead, I went into labor three days later and had a 9 pound 4 ounce, 23 incher pushed out through the hoo-hoo. I kinda feel like Superwoman, and now have way less fear about the next one!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Like PP said, often after having your first kid your pelvis expands and the second baby is easier. Also this baby may be smaller or may be larger. If your dr is concerned they will let you know. But I doubt this will cause extreme complications, so go ahead and have another baby :)
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2008