How Do I Start Potty Training My 2 yr old daughter and any other helpful advice?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't use pull-ups. Switch to underwear as soon as she get the concept and be very patient when she has accidents. That's what did with ds and he was using the potty consistantly by 21 months. Yes, we had accidents and he still and needed lots of reminders until age 3 but it was worth it to me! Good luck!
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 6:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I used to start drinking lots and lots of water and when ever I had to go to the bathroom I took her and sat her in her little potty and that make her wanted to go just like mommy it became a regular thing for around 2 weeks by the 3rd week I stop the water for me so when she wanted to go and saw mommy wasn't going she went by herself to the potty :-)
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Take 3 days to stay at home. Really try not to leave the house. Buy cute character undies that she loves. Tell her "toimorrow you wear big girl underwear! Yay! We are so proud of you!" In the morning, put her in underwear only. Take her every 1/2 hour to start. If he goes, great, if not, next time. She'll have some accidents, but stick to the underwear. Stay home for 3 days and concentrate on this. You'll see, by day 2 she'll get it, by day 3 she'll be trained. My oldest son just turned 3 when I did this. My younger 2 were closer to 3 1/2. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• If your child is stay dry a lot at diaper changes then she is ready. I would try pull-ups or underwear doesnt matter and ask her to go potty ever 1/2 hour. also taken your child to the potty when you go is a great idea. If your child shows no interest in sitting do not force it just remember her where it is. Also before bath time is another time your child may go.
    angelkcm2

Answer by angelkcm2 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011