Does Merina stay in you r system after it is removed?

Does Merina stay in your system after it is removed? I had mine in for two months. I am ttc and curious about how long the hormones remain in your system.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I doubt it because there is such a tiny amount of progesterone on the IUD itself. I only kept mine in for two months and I felt back to "normal" after a month.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 10:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• No, it does not. I had mirena for a little over a month. (i hated it..made me feel like i was preg. i was miserable) the dr said 3 days after it is removed i could get pregnant again. i felt sooo much better as soon as it was out no joke. but how are you doing with yours?
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I hated Mirena too! It made me feel bloated and i spotted all of the time. Worst part is it hurt allot going in and coming out too!
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 10:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I forgot to mention that i had it removed on October 21, 2008.
    Anonymous

• oh whoops sorry haha. yeah i hated it. made me feel sick and pregnant. ugh! i hated it. i will never recommend that to anyone.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2008