Do you ever feel like you don't fit in?

I'm smart, attractive, financially secure, etc.. No matter how good I am, I never feel like i fit in. I constantly struggle with feelings of insecurity. I'm sure it has to do with being raised in a chaotic alcoholic home but dispite counseling and co-dependent meetings, I still struggle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• In this world does anyone really FIT IN? I mean seriously do we have to group with people in order to be able to cope with the living? Gee, I must be dead....Ha! Sorry, I just learn to like myself for me, and if nobody understand me at lest I do! Life goes on with or without the special in it. You sound like a wonderful gal and I am sure you'll do just fine. Don't be so hard on your-self and enjoy life!
    God Bless!
    Joyo4

Answer by Joyo4 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i've always felt like i never fit it anywhere from h.s i never really belonged.. then as an adult ive always felt like i'm outside the box never inside the box..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Always, so I always adapt to the people I am with...
    Anonymous

• I understand your feelings. I developed diff personas for diff groups sometimes im just me!!!
    Anonymous

• Wow. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    Anonymous

• I was a "change of life" baby, the youngest in a very dysfunctional home. I was not a wanted addition to the family and I was always made to feel like they did me a favor by keeping me or something. 40 years later and I've never been able to shake those feelings of not fitting in or feeling like i'm not wanted. It's absolutely horrible sometimes. I hate the holidays for that reason.
    Anonymous

• I never feel like I fit in, from my own family to my husbands family. I always feel akward and out of the loop. I'm most happiest at home with my kids. I have one REALLY good friend, but everyone else I know I would not consider them GOOD friends.
    Anonymous

• I pretty much believe that everyone feels that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2008