Do you ever wonder if your internet provider lets or makes your internet get slow on purpose so they can try to sell you the faster internet?

I know, so suspicious... I just know ours has been super slow for the last week, and when we were on the phone with the phone company about something else, they said, "how's your internet?" and when we told them it was really slow, they tried to sell us the higher one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• Actually, what they do is give everyone an allowance on their speed and if you use up your quota of internet use for the month is slows down.
    It's bandwidth restrictions and how they try and solve it is by selling you the next tear level. It's because so many people are using the same bandwidth.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• maybe,wouldn't surprise me
    Road Runner I assume?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Also, since so many people have been snowed in more people are using the internet this past week so it's slower. it sucks lol
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I thought i heard somewhere that they did that. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but it makes sense to me!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes and sometimes signals go off.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2011