Do you feel like your vote really counts???

Or is it just the lesser of 2 evils?? Do the candidates have the peoples best interest in mind or is it the special interest groups and those who make large contributions that they want to keep happy??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think my vote counts, but I do think that often people are put in the position of voting for who they think is the lesser of two evils. I also think that political parties and the politicians that they are represented by are all too often too concerned with their OWN interests - followed by the special interest groups that line their pockets (which could still fall under "their own interests") before they're concerned with what's best for the people / our country.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Depends on the Issue, the candidate, the election...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I think my vote always counts. This is the reason so many don't vote, except they say that they are just one person. Well, when 6 or 7 million think 'they are just one person' their inaction keeps people in or keeps people out. Take your one voice with one vote and go make your wishes known. It does matter.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Of course your vote counts!! Just ask the Dems who insist on multiple vote recounts, and manage to find closets full of uncounted ballots at the last second, causing them to win by a "handful" of votes!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Your vote only counts if you're a middle age, white, republican male

***
    Really?! Then how did Obama get elected?! LOL :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I really do wonder if the average voter's vote really counts in the long run. The Electoral College is really what elects the President....and although the members of the Electoral College SHOULD vote the way the majority in their state voted, they don't HAVE to........as for the candidates, politicians themselves, the majority of them are very wealthy and/or come from very wealthy families...I don't think they have a clue as to what concerns the average person or how different laws, etc. affect the average family. I do think, they give more credence to what is said/claimed or squawked about by the special interest groups and large corporations that contribute thousands if not, millions to their campaigns....they return the favor so to speak....
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 8:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• In the big elections...lesser of 2 evils-

The average American is a distant concern- special interest paybacks for election $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and votes is the main focus.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Well if I go with what I learned in high school and college every vote does not really count ...otherwise you are voting for the lesser of two evils. Not many politicians have the people best interest in mind.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

Anonymous