Migraines?

I'm 12 weeks pregnant with #2, my pregnancy with my first was so smooth and easy, the biggest issue I had was being tired.

From 5-7 weeks this time, I had a threatened miscarriage, resulting in pelvic rest and being unable to lift my toddler for that time. My morning sickness hasnt been too awful, but considering I didnt have it last time its bad to me!

This week, I started having migraines, they happen at the same time every day and I feel dizzy, nauseous, and like my head is going to explode. Did anyone else experience this?

ArmyWifeAshlie

Asked by ArmyWifeAshlie at 7:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had headaches with each of my pregnancies. Tell your doctor. Mine prescribed something that would knock them. Over the counter products didn't phase them. The name of it was Fiornal or something similar to that. It's been a long, long time ago, but I'm sure he can give you something that won't hurt your baby.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I have alwyas had migraines and they kill but its so much worse when you're pregnant. Here's what my doctor told me. At the first onset of the headache take 3 Tylenol extra strength (he said because of the increased blood volume in pregnant women it was ok) then take 4 glasses of water adn a glass of something with strong caffeine, he suggested mountain dew. Then take regular doses of Tylenol as long as needed and recommended on the bottle. THere are medications your doctor can prescribe to help but they are not specifically migraine medications, they are simply pain killers so they likely won't help prevent your migrainesat all. Personally I was getting mine from my prenatal vitamin but being dehydrated even a little can cause them pretty bad in pregnancy too to try to drink the headache away with water. Also pay attention to your routine, something may be triggering your headaches especially if they are so regular.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I did. Tylenol never worked when I wasnt pregnant. BUT when I was pregnant it worked wonders!! Maybe because I knew in my head that that was all I could take? lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Well, I am taking Tylenol, and it doesnt touch it. Fortunately, I was able to lay down in a dark(ish) room this afternoon because DH was home, but its awful.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I was given a prescription from my dr that has helped. I was told to drink 3 cokes a day, on top of this pill which is a form of aspirin and caffiene. And lots of water. Thanks!
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011