i think my kid is bipolar..........

totally happy one minute, and pissed off the next, and then he cries!! ok, so i know he is not REALLY bipolar (and no, i am not poking fun at anyone!)

but, boy, he is REALLY on a roll today!!!!!!!!

~pulling hair out~

oh, ya, and he is 3!

itzmyzoo

Asked by itzmyzoo at 7:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• thats a 3 year old for ya! that sounds like my daughter all the way and its laughable at some of the things they freak out over..
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• that is a tough age because of communication. they want to know you understand what they are trying to say and understand their needs, even if they are pissed. Validate it. Say, "I KNOW, you are MAD today! What can we do to make it better?"
    Anonymous

• Mine is crazy like that too. Makes life more interesting.
    mamatel

Answer by mamatel at 7:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• lol yup thats a kid for u
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 7:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• that's not funny and it's not a question. you should put this in your journal, not here. that way you don't offend those who are bipolar.
    Anonymous

• ya, that is my 3 yr old too :)
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 7:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• don't know about journals! and that's why i put that i was not poking fun at anyone! :) sorry if you took it that way! my FIL is bipolar, so i know about it! but what fun is life if you take everything so serious!

by the way, the latest thing he got upset about was he said was "finished" in the shower, so i tell him "ok, then let's get out" and he freaks out! i think he meant that he was NOT finished! :)
    itzmyzoo

Comment by itzmyzoo (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Umm to anon. I am bipolar and I took it as a joke. I was thinking yep, so is my kid. I even joke to friends, happy/sad here we go again, just like mom. and they laugh
    Anonymous