is it normal

for your teeth to hurt when your pregnant???? this is my 3rd baby but never had this problem with the other ones. I no it may be a crazy question but my gums bleed and my teeth are hurting

Heather9601

Asked by Heather9601 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Very normal...you need to take extra care of your teeth when you are pregnant.
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Well, my teeth don't hurt, but both pregnancy, my gums bleed when I brush my teeth.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• ok thanks its has happened alot when i brush them and everything my gums just bleed sometimes for no reason
    Heather9601

Comment by Heather9601 (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes it is, and I would go see a dentist. They can do dental work while you are pregnant. I am 23 weeks and just had a root canal done on Monday.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 7:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It is very normal.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 8:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• It is recommended that pregnant women see their dentist due to increase in gum bleeds and gum disease. I would not hesitate to call and make a dental appointment.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• the bleeding gums is pregnancy gengevitis. And Christy is absolutley right. Poor dental health can cause miscarriages too.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 9:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2011